Senate Bill 134 was filed on Tuesday and would require a financial literacy class for students to graduate high school.
The class means students would have to learn the following:
- The true cost of credit
- Choosing and managing a credit card
- Borrowing money for an automobile or other large purchase
- Home mortgages
- Credit scoring and credit reports
- Planning and paying for postsecondary education
- Other relevant financial literacy issues
If it passes it would go into effect during the 2020-2021 school year.
I have some other suggestions:
- hiking up pants
- responding to yes or no questions with “yes” or “no.”
- looking up from phone
- arriving on time
I’m sure you have others.